CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Defiance of That Which Glows...

Last night was the blackest night I have seen in a long time. It was so dark that I felt as I was standing underneath it its blackness slowly inked my skin. Nothing around me was left untouched by its deep colour.

And as I looked up into the depths of it, accompanied only by the lone black tree at my side - I was again brougt to a state of breathlessness. My searching eyes found that far beyond the darkness gleamed small gems. Gems untouched, uninked, undarkened. In complete defiance they glowed in the utter darkness. The velvety softness of night couldn't touch them.

Draw whatever symbolism from it that you will. But when I woke in the morning I found myself wishing that I was still standing under that deep night and watching that soft rebellion of light.

God is Holy.

Everyday, I find Him reminding me of that.

God is Holy.

Today I am going on a date with God. I am going to my favourite coffee shop. I am going to sit with my Bible and journal and tell Him I what I saw in His creation last night. I will tell Him how much I treasure Him and how unworthy I am of Him. I will revel in His love and above all I will hold on to that acute awareness that God is Holy.

3 comments:

Dayna said...

I find it interesting how a certain theme seems to appear time and time again in my life. It often changes, but for the past year the theme of God's greatness, holiness and majesty keep reappearing. I love it. It's so humbling to come to the realization that God is holy and that we are not. BUt the thing I find the most frustrating is how quickly I seem to forget that God is holy. It's so easy to forget the good things that God has done when life gets too busy.
Anyways, thanks for your encouragement and reminder once again that God is holy. You are amazing and I wish that we could have a face to face conversation once again. Love ya.

Trev and Rebekah said...

A date with God sounds like a good idea. I need to go on more dates like that.
Erica, you are one special person and I want you to know that. :0)

Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd drop you a note to say I popped by your blog again and it was SO good to hear "read" how your life has been. I'd love to chat more. Email me if you have a chance. kharms@bethany.sk.ca
Miss you lots
Kelsie-Lynn