CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Prayers and Peeling Paint



I did it. You know I swore up and down that I wouldn't but I did. I took 'the' job. You know the one I said I absolutely, would not take. Yup - I've had that job or 2 months now.

I am working as an Interim Pastor in my home church. Now just to give you an idea of the Crane Valley/Ormiston area I want you to picture the smallest town you can imagine. Got it? Ok - now divide it in half. And now do it again...there you have it!

And to be honest I rather enjoy it. I never thought I would. But I do. I suppose I have so much love for my church family that enjoyment in natural.

And I am also learning much about prayer. In honesty - I am not the prayer warrior that sentence might lead you to believe. But I am beginning to understand more and more of the power that is in prayer and the responsibility I have to pray. Because my prayer has power to change lives through the victory of Christ. I must do everything within my power to change those lives - thus pray.

And while prayer requires great persistence which is so far beyond my mental grasp ~ it reminds me of peeling paint. Or rust. Peeling paint if left unwatched or unnoticed can, over time, cause an entire building to collapse. Rust can, over time, render and entire autmobile useless.

I have decided my prayers are like peeling paint or rust. I am a small insignificant person - and I hope that Satan overlooks my prayers because I plan to take down skyscrapers!

Right now I pray for long awaited revival to come out of my sleeping church and light up my shrinking town. I pray for long awaited revival ~ and if I see the results I will praise God. And if I have to persist without having my eyes opened to the results I will praise God.

(or I will try...this is a learning process remember...)

1 comments:

jupo said...

erica, that's awesome.
... i don't even know what to say, but thank you.... thanks for the reminder to pray. that's definately an area that i need to work on.
-julia