CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 02, 2006

So, uh, how was Japan?

It is 11:30 at night and I am supposed to be doing something productive. And trust me there are many productive things I could be doing...laundry being at the top of the list. But, what I really, really need to be doing is preparing my 10 min time slot for tomorrow's church service.

In this slot I need to answer the question...'So,uh, how was Japan?' So I sit myself down with a new pen and some paper and then...... And then I blank. I think it would be easier for me to answer the question 'So, how was God?' Japan was Japanese...but God was amazing. Japan was beautiful...but God was present. The people in Japan touched my heart....but God - oh, God did serious damage to my stubborn heart.

I learned alot in Japan, but one lesson or realization stands above the rest. Perhaps it is the theme that the other lessons rest upon. Salvation. Pretty basic - But SALAVATION!

I learned how truly precious and wonderful salvation is. I have salvation. I have been saved. I have expereinced Christ. The Holy Spirit dwells in me. These are not the chapters of another trendy book on how to live Christianity successfully (which I will share my opinion on another day). This is true to life - we live in this joy.

And until Japan, I had forgotten that joy - or maybe I was too consumed with life to have ever stopped to revel in it. But in this country an entire ocean away I watched people. Million upon millions of people, living completely unware of what they were missing. Unaware of the most important gift they will ever encounter in the entire span of their life...unware that salvation was waiting for them.

Salvation from death.
Salvation from darkness.
Salvation from purposelessness.
Salvation through Christ.

Savlation now burns within me. The awareness of salvation rolls around inside of me. I am aware more than ever before in my entire life that the world needs an opportunity to accept this treasure - just like I have been given such an opportunity.

And where do I start Japan, Turkey, Tibet.... 3rd Ave NE, Moose Jaw? Today I choose to live a life marked by salvation - may God use it for His Glory.

So, uh, how was Japan? - Good.

How was God? - Words cannot even begin to describe....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you could start at building 710 Appleby Drive???? It was wonderful seeing you the other day. You encouraged me more than you know. Jesus is doing a new thing...

Anonymous said...

maybe you could start at building 710 Appleby Drive???? It was wonderful seeing you the other day. You encouraged me more than you know. Jesus is doing a new thing...

Dayna said...

Erica,

Just thought that I would let you know that I like you too. Thanks for listening to me the one day you came out to camp and sorry that I didn't really listen to you. It was truly wonderful to see you again and you are one of the people that blessed me this summer more than you probably realized. Thanks. Love you and miss you lots.
Dayna

Fiona said...

Hi there,

I'm one of those blog stalkers you talked about in your first entry. I had a good laugh when I read that because you totally described me and my blogging experience. Just so I don't completely freak you out, I found your blog through Rosanna & Nate who are on my cousin Randi's blog site. It was one of those "and so on and so on and so on" things. I've never left a comment on someone's blog that I didn't know, but I just wanted to let you know that even though we don't know each other, you have greatly inspired me, encouraged me and just purely entertained me and I wanted to say thanks. Fiona