CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mesu Soup, Fish and Rice

Mesu Soup, fish and rice anyone? That was my breakfast this morning and I have to say the more I eat it the more I enjoy it. Though in all honesty the first time I sat down at the table and saw a fish the length of my index finger looking back at me I was a little concnerned - however this cruchy little delight is packed full of iron and really quite tasty.

Well, my team and I have hit the one week mark here in Japan and we show no signs of slowing down. It is so surprising to me how much this country needs the gospel. I suppose I am so used being in a country that has some basic understanding of Christianity. Here, there is no base. Nothing but pure facination in a lot of cases and a devotion to ones own tradition. The challege is to present the truth the ONE true God and do that without relying on any past knowledge of Jesus or sin. I am constantly being reminding how much hope I have and the pure unretrained joy of actually having Jesus as my Lord and Savior!

There is one woman who is quite close to my heart right now, for some reason she loves our team and has come to every event we have done. She comes to learn english but usually by the end of our time has asked me some question about religion or my Jesus. Please pray! We also all really care about our host families (all non christian). We want them to be impacted by Christ through us - we want them to know freedom...

God has great things in store for the people of Japan, I just know it. Please joy me in praying for a state of spiritual transformation.

The Holy Spirit is at work.

5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I know that Trev's time in Japan has forever shaped him. He'd tell you that even though he's been to other countries no one holds as special a place in his heart as Japan. Have fun!

Erica said...

My sweet "other Erica"... how i think of you often - as you are out there experiencing life and God in the midst of it all... booyeah! I love you and am praying for ya...

Heidi said...

Erica, I like you! Keep rocking in Japan. Best of everything.

betty said...

hahah MISO soup....hahha
love you
bettina

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone


FREE ebay has finally arrived in the 21st century" at http://www.BuySellDirect.net

Their service is rock solid and FREE. http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the one I need