CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Every Good and Perfect Gift

Today I sit and I write fully realizing this blog is completely off the radar - and I am ok with that. I will send my words into the vacuum of cyber space and cherish the catharsis.

One time I wrote that I wished I could have a space in my life that was like a deep, cup of tea. A time for reflection. A time for conversation. A time free of busyness. What a gift that would be? It sounds so perfect doesn't it? And yet whenever the opportunity arrose I would run from it. I would run from my cup of tea. I think because I knew that once I began to partake I would fall apart - and I do not fall apart well. As soon as the warmth of the cup was brought my lips I knew a drastic outpouring of emotion would result.

And if you look at my life - I have done a wonderful job of avoiding such times of refreshment and comfort. No tea for me - I have run from one demanding place to the other avoiding the tea. And with the multple layers and colours of this past summer in my wake I knew there was no way I could emotionally handle slowing down for that space, for that time, for that deep, cup of tea.

Yet, God and I often differ in our opinions and He has handed me the very thing I have been avoiding. Currently I am in a place where my resposibilities have been whittled down to a fraction of what they once were. And my time and attention have opened themselves up to the space God is calling me to.

And - today I finally caved. I took hold of the cup of tea God has offered me. I am entering this a time of richness. A time of warmth. A time of strong scents and smooth taste. A time of greiving. A time of prayer. A time of reflecting and self examination. A time of healing. A time of depth. A hard time - but a caring gift offered to me by my Father.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change...(James 1:17a)

Every good and perfect gift - even the hard ones....amen.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh friend. Your words are beautiful. I am encouraged and challenged by your entering into a time of reflection, a time to be cared for by our Father.

Blessings as you soak up and rest in his presence. Very delighted that this time has come for you.

Anonymous said...

Hola lovely Erica. I'm glad I got to see you briefly last week- to see that this new journey you are on is truly a reality. We the Matthew Team found joy in praying for you this Tues. at our team meeting.
I like tea- two varieties to be exact-a brisk, eye and nasal opening mint and ahh...Chai. Sometimes I'm not really in the mood for the mint, but it is good for the body- a fragrant wake up call from the Father. Then there is Chai-spicy, yet smooth and rich. Kind of like the best Father. So Erica, I'm praying for you in your tea time. Perhaps knowing that those who love you and anticipate your presence are praying for you will taste like a mouthful of wheat free hazelnut cake. Are you smiling?
Love Joan

Trev and Rebekah said...

Your words are so refreshing. You are a great writer. So glad yo blogged again. We are so pumped for you and where you are at on your journey. We are also excited about what the future may bring.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I am so proud of you for doing what is so hard to do but so needed. I am praying that as you journey through this time your spirit will be strengthened and renewed. love you lots.