CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Deep Breaths of Navy

There is nothing quite like my prarie sky - I know it may seem odd that I have claimed ownership of something so immeasurable, but I feel as though it truly is mine. There is something intimate between the vastness of its expanse and my heart, the way one lover simple knows and understands the other with one look - so too, my sky understands me.

Tonight I stood underneath it - an old, oversized, flannel jacket which belongs to my father wrapped around me. I stood and I looked into my sky, its enigmatic navy depth stared back at me, accentuated by small twinklings of light, stoic as I silently whispered my secrets.

Perhaps this is a form of prayer - I don't know. I am struggling with the truth that the more I strive to grasp ahold of God; the more intangible He becomes. In an strange way it seems to make sense that a Holy, boundless Creator would pour peace upon me through the serenity of my prairie sky.

I am not sure what I feel or am learning from God at this moment - but I do know that when the deep navy presses against me in the openess of the plains, I breathe it in. As deep and hard as I physically can - I breath - attmepting to lock the pure, cool comfort of the air into my soul.

And in those breaths every bit of the choas, joy and saddness - every pressing doubt and worry - is gently absorbed by my sky. They are put into the perspective of a greater timeline. There is nothing quite like my prairie sky.

1 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I think of you often. Know that we love you and are praying for discernment for you in the waiting.